Kalós, 59N, Chardonnay, 2021, Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina

Producer Profile

Kalós Wines were created by the Losada family, who took up residence in Mendoza 20 years ago. It was created to pay tribute to Calixto, the Losada family’s grandfather. That is why the family decided to use his lifetime stories as a source of inspiration for the names of the wines. The name “59 Novias evokes the 59 girlfriends that he boasted of having during his youth.

Part of the philosophy of Kalós Wine is to pay tribute to the local people’s hospitality by producing wine of the highest quality. With this in mind, they selected the best grapes in Altamira and brought together winemakers Pablo Benavides and Fabián Valenzuela to make their wines.

Viticulture

59N Chardonnay uses grapes from Kalos Wines’ Vista Flores y San Pablo vineyard in Valle de Uco, Mendoza, which sits at an altitude of 1020-1350m with deep, sandy loam soils. Vines are 25 years old. 59N Chardonnay uses grapes from Kalos Wines’ Vista Flores y San Pablo vineyard in Valle de Uco, Mendoza, which sits at an altitude of 1020-1350m with deep, sandy loam soils.

Vines are 25 years old. Stony, sandy soils with large amounts of pebbles. A humid climate with wide temperature ranges due to its proximity to the Andes mountains. The grapes from this area yield wines with subtlety and elegance.

Winemaking

94% of grapes are fermented in stainless steel tanks, with the remaining 6% fermented and aged in French oak barrels of second and third use. No malolactic fermentation.

Tasting Note

Golden coloured Chardonnay with clear greenish reflections. Complex aromas reminiscent of apple, pineapple, and peach. The small amount of time that it spends in oak brings hints of cocoa and honey, which completement the palate’s overall balance and harmony.

Goes well with

Roast chicken and vegetables, creamy pasta and fish dishes, or soft cheeses.

Cellaring

 

Features

Varieties: Chardonnay 100%
Colour: White
ABV: 12.5%
Closure: Natural Cork
Style: Still Wine
Case Size: 6 x 75cl
Country: Argentina
Region: Mendoza
Vintage: 2021
vegansustainable

Enquire Now

    Product Description

    Click to find out more.

    Additional information

    Weight 1 kg